Saturday, March 7, 2009

Life is Busy











So Lifes been a bit crazy lately, as it always is with most families Im sure!




Nick tested for the SWAT Team in January and we were really nervous cause 20 guys tried out for the one position...we waited...waited some more and of course being his wife I felt relieved as we waited...thinking in my little head...."If Nick doesnt get on its because God want him to be safe and keep him home instead of out and crazy hours of the night driving at crazy speeds."




Nick called me the first week in February sooo excited, he MADE IT ON~




I was completely happy for him, shocked if I do say so myself, but just amazingly happy. Nick sets his heart out to do so many wonderful things and leans on the Lord for all his decisions, so Im positive this one will only be for good.




We went to the SWAT party and I met tons of people from other areas and just had such a wonderful time. He has amazing men and women he's working with and I know he's going to do well in the team.




Liam has been busy, busy lately. He's into learing his alphabet and numbers and just so interested in books and puzzles. He has a slight obsession at the moment with Pirates and ships. Love them. He's always around the corner with his finger gun, telling me "shhh Mommy dont wake the crocodiles"




Such a cutie! He's been such an amazing big brother for Reese as well. We were at the riverfront yesterday and just walking along the path by the river, Liam was so concerned the whole time that Reese would run into the river. He held onto her hood and much have told her a million times, "Reese NO going swimming in the river, okay!! The alligators will eat you....no going over there!"




He loves his friends too! Always checks to make sure me and daddy are his best friends too.




Reese is our crazy women. What a little spit fire she's turned into. I had no idea that so much personality could come outta a 21 lb women. She may be only at 5% on her growth chart, but she's at 125% attitude! This girl is a maniac:)




Anything high or climable, she's on it and trying to jump. She is determined to ride Liam bike! Loves to color and play with Liams train table. Like her babies at times, but normally ends up with a car in her hand in the end. Loves the park. Took her to the Riverfront the other day and I wasnt watching for "A SECOND" All of a sudden she's up the highest slide going "head" first yelling "weeeeeee"! She flew off face first into the dirst before I could get to her, thinking she's be crying I was freaking out to get to her, only to find her....laughing!




Shes a crazy women and aint nobody gonnna stop her. I love it!




Then me....hmmm whats new. Well I kept trying to figure out jobs to do while Im staying home. I thought of teaching pilates, then trying for nursing schools, maybe coffee shops.....but I keep coming back to what Nick has been telling me all along, "just enjoy these short few years with our children, enjoy watching them grow"




And so I am. We wont be the richest people in the bunch, but dang it I'll know my kids. Their likes and dislikes and in this crazy world where being " a homemaker" isnt considered a job, screw them.....its the hardest job I've EVER had. And the most rewarding.








So we'll sit here in our Value Village clothes and Winco snack and just enjoy life, most people think I shop at the mall anyways and who cares where you get your groceries anyways:)

1 comment:

Shalyse said...

Kimber, you are so cute! don't worry, we all shop at those places too! and being a stay at home mom IS the most important job in the world, you are RIGHT! your little babies need their mommy with them to teach them great and wonderful things. the world is just a little jacked up still on that one!! :-)